Top Ten Things I’d Rather Do Than Financial Modeling
August 13, 2013
I’m dragging my feet. Slowly. Picture them chained together.
My ability to drag my feet and come up with excuses not to do the financial modeling for Frustrated Farmgirl amazes even me. I’m getting on my own nerves because I keep making excuses for myself. So, for your amusement, I’ll let you know the top ten ways I’ve avoided unpleasant work over the last three weeks:
10. Check twitter
9. Check e-mail an embarrassing number of times
8. Check the Facebook account for Jon Acuff’s START experiment– because something might have changed in the last hour.
7. Check Pinterest
6. Text a smartass comment to my sister about something meaningless
5. Make a list of things I need to do (rich, isn’t it?)
4. Complain to my husband about how overwhelming financial modeling is
3. Do the dishes
2. Do the laundry
1. Try to think of something profound to tweet. Come up empty.
It would be funny if it weren’t so sad.
So, by the end of the day today, I’m going to have the costs broken out for my olive oil vendor. Please feel free to ask me about it.
The thing about starting a business is that it pokes into all my insecurities. From talking with friends, it’s not just me. But, there’s acknowledging that, and then there’s moving on and getting it done. Even though it’s hard. Dive in. Figure it out. Get it done.
Anyone else have an amazing ability to procrastinate on tasks that touch your insecurities?